Here’s a little something from the brilliant minds over at Idiotic Filipinos. If you would like to see real change in this country you can help. Read on.
A Debater’s Wet Dream
- all the candidates running for the office of the President of the Republic,
- on air over free TV and major AM radio stations,
- live, with no assistants,
- for three hours and with no commercial breaks;
- each candidate will have 8-10 minutes to introduce his/her platform,
- then be interpellated by one randomly picked co-candidate for three minutes on the speech for the platform.
- Once all candidates have spoken about their platform, an impartial moderator will then ask pertinent questions about the Presidency, and shall give five minutes for each candidate to formulate a response to each question.
Think this is possible in our lifetime? Think we can persuade GMA7 and ABS-CBN to air this for free?
In response to benign0’s blog post about the power of the mass media over the 2010 elections, I am daring the executives of GMA-7, ABS-CBN, Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Philippine Star, SMART Communications, and GLOBE Telecoms- and good-natured Congressmen and Senators, for good measure- to make this dream come true by March 2010.
We need a smarter method of choosing candidates. And mass media, being the major recipient of campaign expenses, SHOULD BE MADE TO OFFSET THE EARNINGS THAT THEY MADE OVER LEGAL BUT HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE POLITICAL AD SPENDING BY THE CANDIDATES.
Repost this on your blog. Post this on facebook, twitter, multiply- hell, even AdultFriendFinder.com. I don’t care if you don’t credit me as the original proponent of this event. I just want this to happen.
Help me make the debater’s wet dream come true.
* I suggested three hours since we’re still not sure about the number of candidates running for President.
Pagbabago ba ika nyo? O heto. Simulan na ang pagbabago. Simulan na ang debate.